Q.1 - CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT
(see also Section 'J' for pedal "set up")
For correct operation and functioning of the clutch, it is most important that the adjustment is carried out correctly.
- Figure 1 -
Recommended procedure is as given here.
- Slacken the locknut on the end of the operating cable sufficient to enable the release lever to be moved by hand.
- Push the release lever forwards by hand until the release bearing contacts the diaphragm spring of the clutch assembly.
This will be felt as a marked resistance.
- Adjust the cable to give the clearance at the cable abutment (see Fig. 1).
- With the aid of the turnbuckle in the cable, take up any additional slack or free play in the cable.
- With a second operator inside the car, adjust the pedal forward stop to give an additional .63 in. (16 mm.) at the release lever adjacent to the cable abutment.
Other Notes: [edit disabled for dial-up]
This area is a public scratchpad for notes.
Please be courteous with what you post, and do not erase someone else's work.