LOTUS EUROPA TC/TCS PARTS MANUAL
IntroductionLotus Europa Central -- Tech Specifications -- TC/TCS Parts Home -- Manuals Home -- Feedback
|Click here to open a new window containing a searchable PDF copy. (95K)|
EUROPA TWIN CAM
SERVICE PARTS LIST
LOTUS CARS (SERVICE) LIMITED
CONDITIONS OF SALE AND WARRANTY
We reserve the right to make changes or improvements in the construction or equipment of our products at any time. It is our general policy, however, to supply components to the latest specification.
DELIVERY - Any date quoted for delivery is an estimate and under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for delay in delivery, howsoever occurring.
PRICE - Goods purchased will be supplied at the price ruling at the date of delivery. Lotus Cars Limited reserve the right to alter prices without previous notice. All prices are ex-factory, packing and carriage extra.
PAYMENT - Terms of payment are strictly CASH ON DELIVERY except where prior credit facilities have been arranged.
CORRESPONDENCE - All correspondence relating to parts must carry both the order number and the invoice number.
PART NUMBERS - Part numbers must always be quoted on correspondence, advice notes, invoices and parts order forms.
LIABILITY - The Company's liability is limited as set out below; any implied condition or warranty is hereby excluded, and the Company will not be liable in damages for any injury or loss, damage or expense howsoever incurred or arising in connection with goods ordered hereunder.
DAMAGED PARTS - Damage to received parts should be assumed to have occurred in transit, and claims should be made on the carriers and/or their insurance company. Parts will not be accepted for credit unless previously agreed. Carriage of parts returned will be at the purchaser's expense unless previously agreed.
VARIATION - No variation of these conditions or this Warranty shall be binding on the Company unless in writing signed by a Director on behalf of this Company.
1. The Company will during the Warranty period of THREE MONTHS at their sole option, repair or replace free of charge to the purchaser any port which in their opinion is defective owing to faulty workmanship or materials; the cost of carriage and any labour costs incurred in dismantling or reassembly shall be charged to the purchaser.
2. Where the Warranty period is THREE MONTHS, the Company will within the remaining period of the original three months from the date of supply, repair or replace on the terms of the foregoing clause any part supplied under that clause which in the Company's opinion is defective owing to faulty materials or workmanship.
3. The Company's undertaking to repair or replace applies ONLY to parts of Lotus design, that is, parts manufactured by, or to the specification of one of the Lotus Group of Companies. The Company will be under no legal liability in respect of parts not of Lotus design but will, during the Warranty period, at the request of the purchaser (who shall reimburse the Company for any expense incurred) take reasonable steps to secure the repair or replacement by the manufacturer of any such part which may be defective
4. Should the Company in their discretion carry out any extra work or supply any extra parts free of charge, they shall be under no legal liability of any kind in connection therewith, and the provisions of the Warranty shall not be in any way deemed to have been waived.
CLAIMS UNDER WARRANTY - Claims for the replacement of material or parts under Warranty must always be submitted to the supplying Distributor for the area concerned. All faulty material in the United Kingdom must be correctly labeled and returned to Lotus Cars Limited. For all other territories faulty material must be held by the supplying Distributor pending settlement of the claim. The Factory will NOT accept charges for the return of such parts or the packing or crating of the same. In all cases of claims under Warranty, the decision of Lotus Cars (Service) Limited is final.
1. No claim under Warranty will be accepted by the Company if after delivery:
a. Goods sold have been used in connection with motor racing or any motoring competition.
b. Defective parts have been altered or identification numbers removed.
c. Damage occurred through mishandling or misuse.
d. Modifications that have been carried out on the vehicle which are outside the specifications provided for by the Company or when genuine parts have been replaced by parts of another origin.
2. The Company may reject a claim under Warranty unless:
a. Parts claimed to be defective are sent to the Company carriage paid promptly after discovery of the fault.
b. Parts are properly packed and labeled, with all necessary identification numbers recorded.
c. The purchaser furnishes full information as to the purchase of the goods and the nature of the claim.
This publication contains all assemblies and parts sold as spares; it enables one to determine with precision their Part Numbers and to identify them from the illustrations.
Vehicle Chassis Number - The method of identifying a vehicle, whether Component-Built or Fully-Built, is by use of the Vehicle Chassis Number which is comprised of code numbers as shown below. The Vehicle Chassis Number will be found stamped on a plate which is fixed to the left-hand side of the engine bulkhead.
7001 . 0001A Both chassis and body numbers being the same. 7001 Represent year and month of manufacture. 0001 Represents the unit (chassis) number. A Represents the model code.
As there are sixteen different model types within our present production control, the following codes will be used for correct model identification: -
Elan Standard Fixed Head Great Britain & Northern Ireland A Elan Standard Fixed Head Export B Elan Standard Drop Head Great Britain & Northern Ireland C Elan Standard Drop Head Export D Elan Special Equip. Fixed Head Great Britain & Northern Ireland E Elan Special Equip. Fixed Head Export F Elan Special Equip. Drop Head Great Britain & Northern Ireland G Elan Special Equip. Drop Head Export H Elan Federal Fixed Head Export J Elan Federal Drop Head Export K Elan + 2 'S' Type Great Britain & Northern Ireland L Elan ÷ 2 'S' Type Export M Elan + 2 'S' Type Federal Export N Europa Standard Great Britain & Northern Ireland P Europa Standard Export Q Europa Federal Export R
Part Numbers - All Part Numbers commence with the Vehicle Type Number which enables one to determine if the part is peculiar to the Europa or whether it was first used for some other Lotus 'road' vehicle, thus: -
46, 54, 65, 74 = First used on Europa 26, 36, 45, 500 = First used on Elan 50 = First used on Elan + 2 75 = First used on Europa Special Federal
Standard Hardware Part Numbers - All standard finish bolts, Screws, Studs, Nuts, and Washers carry either Part Numbers in accordance with the code given on Page 7 or fixing numbers as listed in the Replacement Parts Price List.
Commencing Chassis Number:
The designations 'LEFT' and 'RIGHT' are to be understood as seen in the driving direction.
Assembly and Sub-assembly piece parts are listed inset under the Assembly/Sub-assembly description and part numbers are given for obtainable piece parts. For easier identification, fixings (e.g. Bolts, Nuts, Pins, etc.) for replacement parts are also listed inset under the parts description. These fixings are NOT supplied with the replacement part and must be ordered separately as required. The term 'optional' in the 'DESCRIPTION' column indicates that the respective parts will be supplied as requested or available.
Where necessary, 'CHANGE POINTS', (i.e. CHASSIS, BODY or ENGINE Nos.) will be indicated in the 'CHANGE POINT' column. The applicability of parts to vehicle variants together with the total quantity fitted per Variant, is given in the Quantity columns under the appropriate heading, and, where applicable, by a star annotation in the steering position columns.
The following abbreviations are used in the parts list:
L/H - Left Hand
Instructions on Ordering
2. Refer to Pictorial Index Plate (below) and select Section(s) for which Part(s) are required.
3. Study the illustration and select Plate Reference Number(s).
4. Relate the Plate Reference Number to the Plate Reference Number of the Parts List text.
5. Read across from the Plate Reference Number to the appropriate QUANTITY Column referring also to the STEERING Position Column.
6. Read the DESCRIPTION Column for correct order identification.
7. Check the CHANGE POINT Column for any additional information.
8. Re-check the part (s) number (s) selected, repeating instructions 3 to 7 inclusive.
Part Required - Right Hand Radius Arm For a European market T/C Europa Special. Section - D Plate Ref. No. - DA1 A Vehicle Identificatlon - Special L/H drive B Description - Arm Radius R/H C Part Number - A074 O 0216Z D
PAINT, THINNERS ETC.
Part No. Code Quantity Description A036 B 6315V LO.1 AR British Racing Green A036 B 6316V LO.2 AR French Blue A036 B 6317V LO.3 AR Wedgewood Blue A036 B 6318V LO.4 AR Cirrus White A036 B 6319V LO.5 AR Carnival Red A036 B 6320V LO.6 AR Burnt Sand A036 B 6321V LO.7 AR Lotus Yellow A036 B 6312V LO.8 AR Matt Black A036 B 6322V LO.9 AR Royal Blue A036 B 6323V LO10 AR Bahama Yellow A036 B 6356V LO11 AR Regency Red A036 B 6357V LO12 AR Lagoon Blue A036 B 6349V LO13 AR Pistachio Lime Green A036 B 6350V LO14 AR Colorado Orange A036 B 6397V LO15 AR Gloss Black A036 B 6399V AR Tawny A036 B 6345V AR Gold Lacquer-Elan 'Sprint' Bumpers A036 B 6313V AR Silver Lacquer-Elan Bumpers A036 B 6355V AR Silver +2 'S" roof A036 B 6138V AR Thinner A036 B 6139V AR Primer surfacer '22' A036 B 6140V AR Thinner (CTZ. 110) A036 B 6141V AR Thinner (CTZ.35) A036 B 6142V AR Thinner with paint-oven dry A036 B 6143V AR Thinner with paint-air dry A036 B 6144V AR Thinner solvent cleaner A036 B 6153V AR Ivory Sealer A036 B 6127V AR Cellulose Stopper - grey
1. Bolts, Screws and Studs Hexagon X Single letter Round R Mushroom M Cheese C Plain P Flat Countersunk K Raised Head Countersunk D Stud S Nuts Self-Locking L Single letter Plain A Nyloc Y Washers Shakeproof L Single letter Plain A 2. Bolts, Screws and Nuts U.N.F. UF Two letters or digits U.N.C. UC Metric MM Screws Wood WD Two letters or digits Self-Tapping ST Washers Internal diameter in Two digits 16ths. inch or millimetres 3. Bolt B Screw S Nut N Single letter Washer W Stud T 4. Bolts, Screws, Nuts and Studs Diameter in 16ths. inch or millimetres Two digits Plain Washers Outside diameter in 16ths. inch or millimetres Two digits Shakeproof Washers All sizes 00 Two digits Self-Tapping Screw and Wood Screw Number Two digits 5. Bolts and Screws Length in 16ths. inch or millimetres Two digits Nuts Full OF Two letters Half OH Plain Washers Thickness by .01 inch Two digits Shakeproof Washers All sizes 00 Two digits 6. Studs SUCC UNC both ends SUFF UNF both ends SUFC UNF one end, UNC other end Four digits SMMM Metric
All codes (Part Numbers) have eight letters/ figures. Shank lengths, material specification and finish are all standard.