LOTUS EUROPA S1/S2 COMBINED PARTS MANUAL
IntroductionLotus Europa Central -- Tech Specifications -- S1/S2 Parts Home -- Manuals Home -- Feedback
|Click here to open a new window containing a searchable PDF copy. (265K)|
SERVICE PARTS LIST
LOTUS CARS (SERVICE) LIMITED Norwich Norfolk, Nor. 92W England
CONDITIONS OF SALE AND WARRANTY
We reserve the right to make changes or improvements in the construction or equipment of our products at any time. It is our general policy, however, to supply components to the latest specification.
DELIVERY - Any date quoted for delivery is an estimate and under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for delay in delivery, howsoever occurring.
PRICE - Goods purchased will be supplied at the price ruling at the date of delivery. Lotus Cars (Service) Limited reserve the right to alter prices without previous notice. All prices are ex-factory, packing and carriage extra.
PAYMENT - Terms of payment are strictly CASH ON DELIVERY except where prior credit facilities have been arranged.
CORRESPONDENCE - All correspondence relating to parts must carry both the order number and the invoice number.
PART NUMBERS - Part numbers must always be quoted on correspondence, advice notes, invoices and parts order forms.
LIABILITY - The Company's liability is limited as set out below; any implied condition or warranty is hereby excluded, and the Company will not be liable in damages for any injury or loss, damage or expense howsoever incurred or arising in connection with goods ordered hereunder.
DAMAGED PARTS - Damage to received parts should be assumed to have occurred in transit, and claims should be made on the carriers and/or their insurance company. Parts will not be accepted for credit unless previously agreed. Carriage of parts returned will be at the purchaser's expense unless previously agreed.
VARIATION - No variation of these conditions or this Warranty shall be binding on the Company unless in writing signed by a Director on behalf of this Company.
1. The Company will during the Warranty period of THREE MONTHS at their sole option, repair or replace free of charge to the purchaser any port which in their opinion is defective owing to faulty workmanship or materials; the cost of carriage and any labour costs incurred in dismantling or reassembly shall be charged to the purchaser.
2.Where the Warranty period is THREE MONTHS, the Company will within the remaining period of the original three months from the date of supply, repair or replace on the terms of the foregoing clause any part supplied under that clause which in the Company's opinion is defective owing to faulty materials or workmanship.
3. The Company's undertaking to repair or replace applies ONLY to parts of Lotus design, that is, parts manufactured by, or to the specification of one of the Lotus Group of Companies. The Company will be under no legal liability in respect of parts not of Lotus design but will, during the Warranty period, at the request of the purchaser (who shall reimburse the Company for any expense incurred) take reasonable steps to secure the repair or replacement by the manufacturer of any such part which may be defective.
4. Should the Company in their discretion carry out any extra work or supply any extra parts free of charge, they shall be under no legal liability of any kind in connection therewith, and the provisions of the Warranty shall not be in any way deemed to have been waived.
CLAIMS UNDER WARRANTY - Claims for the replacement of material or parts under Warranty must always be submitted to the supplying Distributor for the area concerned. All faulty material in the United Kingdom must be correctly labeled and returned to Lotus Cars (Service) Limited. For all other territories faulty material must be held by the supplying Distributor pending settlement of the claim. The Factory will NOT accept charges for the return of such parts or the packing or crating of the same. In all cases of claims under Warranty, the decision of Lotus Cars (Service) Limited is final.
1. No claim under Warranty will be accepted by the Company if after delivery:
a. Goods sold have been used in connection with motor racing or any motoring competition.
b. Defective parts have been altered or identification numbers removed.
c. Damage occurred through mishandling or misuse.
d. Modifications that have been carried out on the vehicle which are outside the specifications provided for by the Company or when genuine parts have been replaced by parts of another origin.
2. The Company may reject a claim under Warranty unless:
a. Parts claimed to be defective are sent to the Company carriage paid promptly after discovery of the fault.
b. Parts are properly packed and labeled, with all necessary identification numbers recorded.
c. The purchaser furnishes full information as to the purchase of the goods and the nature of the claim.
This publication contains all assemblies and parts sold as spares; it enables one to determine with precision their Part Numbers and to identify them from the illustrations.
Vehicle Chassis Number - The method of identifying a vehicle, whether Component-Built or Fully-Built, is by use of the Vehicle Chassis Number which is comprised of code numbers as shown below. The Vehicle Chassis Number will be found stamped on a plate which is fixed to the left-hand side of the engine bulkhead.
'46' = Vehicle Type = Europa Series I
'01234' = Chassis Number
Part Numbers - All Part Numbers commence with the Vehicle Type Number which enables one to determine if the part is peculiar to the Europa or whether it was first used for some other Lotus 'road' vehicle, thus: -
46, 54 = First used on Europa
Standard Hardware Part Numbers - All standard finish Bolts, Screws, Studs, Nuts and Washers carry Part Numbers in accordance with the code given on page 7.
Type change points:
Series I Mk.I from Chassis Number 46/0300 to 46/0644 including 0270, 0271 & 0272
Series II from Chassis Number 54/0645
Series II Federal from Chassis Number 54/1066
The designations 'LEFT' and 'RIGHT' are to be understood as seen in the driving direction.
Indented parts in the 'DESCRIPTION' column are incorporated in the preceding - not indented - part. The term 'optional' in the 'DESCRIPTION' column indicates that the respective parts will be supplied as available or in the case of repair sizes as requested.
If required, 'CHANGE POINTS', (i.e. CHASSIS, BODY or ENGINE Nos.) will be indicated in full in the 'CHANGE POINT' column.
If a part is applicable to all models or versions, the quantity is listed in the column 'ALL', but if a part is particular to a model or version then the quantity will be listed in the column of the models and the version indicated thus '+' in the respective column.
If a 'quantity per model' variance occurs the quantity will be indicated in the respective model or version.
All parts do not necessarily correspond to the illustrations.
All Lotus Parts Numbers are being 'updated' to contain a maximum of nine (9) digits.
Part Number A46 A 709 becomes A046 A 0709
Part Number 54 B 6000 becomes 054 B 6000
When reading the text figure numbers will be shown against the illustrated side or hand.
Instructions on Ordering
2. Refer to Pictorial Index Plate (page 10) and select Section(s) for which Part(s) are required.
3. Study the illustration and select Plate Reference Number(s).
4. Relate the Plate Reference Number to the Plate Reference Number of the Parts List text.
5. To select the exact part number of the Part(s) required,
b. read the 'DESCRIPTION' column for correct order identification.
c. check the 'CHANGE POINT' column for any further information relating to the series or model type.
d. recheck the part number(s) selected, repeating instructions 3 to 5c inclusive.
Part required - Bonnet
Section 'B' Plate 'BA'
Plate Reference Number - 'BA 4'
Supply Part Number 046 B 0030
Europa Series II Chassis Number 54/1616
As from January, 1970 vehicle identification will be in the following form: -
7001.010001A Both chassis and body numbers being the same. 7001. Represents year and month of manufacture. 01 Represents the production batch. 0001 Represents the unit (chassis) number. A Represents the model code.
As there are sixteen different model types within our present production control, the following codes will be used for correct model identification: -
Elan Standard Fixed Head Great Britain & Northern Ireland A Elan Standard Fixed Head Export B Elan Standard Drop Head Great Britain & Northern Ireland C Elan Standard Drop Head Export D Elan Special Equip. Fixed Head Great Britain & Northern Ireland E Elan Special Equip. Fixed Head Export F Elan Special Equip. Drop Head Great Britain & Northern Ireland G Elan Special Equip. Drop Head Export H Elan Federal Fixed Head Export J Elan Federal Drop Head Export K Elan + 2 'S' Type Great Britain & Northern Ireland L Elan ÷ 2 'S' Type Export M Elan + 2 'S' Type Federal Export N Europa Standard Great Britain & Northern Ireland P Europa Standard Export Q Europa Federal Export R
PAINT, THINNERS ETC.
Part No. Quantity Description LO. 1. AR Paint - British Racing Green LO .2. AR Paint - French Blue LO .3. AR Paint - Wedgewood Blue LO .4. AR Paint - Cirrus White LO .5. AR Paint - Carnival Red LO .6. AR Paint - Burnt Sand LO .7. AR Paint - Lotus Yellow LO .8. AR Paint - Matt Black LO .9. AR Paint - Royal Blue LO. 10. AR Paint - Bahama Yellow 36 B 6135 AR Rag filler, medium oak 36 B 6136 AR Polyurethane primer surfacer 36 B 6137 AR Catalyst 36 B 6138 AR Thinner 36 B 6139 AR Primer surfacer '22' (CFN .25) 36 B 6140 AR Thinner (CTZ. 110) 36 B 6141 AR Thinner (CTZ.35) 36 B 6142 AR Thinner with paint - oven dry (CTZ.73) 36 B 6143 AR Thinner with paint - air dry (CTZ .22) 36 B 6144 AR Thinner - solvent cleaner (SBP.3)
1. Bolts, Screws and Studs Hexagon X) Round R) Mushroom M) Cheese C) Single letter Plain P) Flat Countersunk K) Raised Head Countersunk D) Stud S) Nuts Self-Locking L) Plain A) Single letter Nyloc Y) Washers Shakeproof L) Single letter Plain A) 2. Bolts, Screws and Nuts U.N.F. UF) U.N.C. UC) Two letters or digits Metric MM) Screws Wood WD) Two letters or digits Self-Tapping ST) Washers Internal diameter in ') Two digits 16ths. inch or millimetres ) 3. Bolt B) Screw S) Nut N) Single letter Washer W) Stud T) 4. Bolts, Screws, Nuts and Studs Diameter in 16ths. inch or millimetres ) Two digits Plain Washers Outside diameter in 16ths. inch or millimetres ) Two digits Shakeproof Washers All sizes 00) Two digits Self-Tapping Screw and Wood Screw Number ) Two digits 5. Bolts and Screws Length in 16ths. inch or millimetres ) Two digits Nuts Full F) Two letters Half H) Plain Washers Thickness by .01 inch ) Two digits Shakeproof Washers All sizes 00) Two digits 6. Studs SUCC UNC both ends ) SUFF UNF both ends ) SUFC UNF one end, UNC other end ) Four digits SMMM Metric )