From: jnesbitt@w...
Date: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:41am
Subject: Re: Identifying Pistons

--- In lotuseuropa@y..., "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@c...> wrote:

> .... I know Wiseco can still make
> the same pistons they made for me, as John Nesbitt recently
> purchased a set. Marchants in the UK and Iberparts in Spain have
> access to any factory parts that are still available, but many
> hard parts - e.g., valves - are no longer carried by Renault.
> French Stuff still has some of those items, but they're
> definitely not cheap.

I had Wiseco pistons made recently. Jay very generously shared his
experience and information. The only difference between our
purchases was that he got his pistons 0.020 over, and I got stock
diameter. It was a thoroughly positive experience buying from
Wiseco. I would be happy to share my purchasing information with
other listers.

Jay is right about valves being NLA from Renault - I have tried
several times lately with Iberparts and Marchants, but the factory
doesn't have them. The US supplier prices are obscene. Watch EBay.

John Nesbitt
0756R